Thursday, 8 October 2009

Great Britain aka England or the United Kingdom!



First stop: Brighton....
When I arrived at Heathrow (a little too early in the morning) uncle Monty picked me up in his mini! It was a lovely day and before we went to Brighton we stopped in at Susus (grandma) for the day. We had lunch out in the garden and I went for a wander, found some raspberries on the vines which was yummy!
We said goodbye after lunch and drove back to Brighton. It was beautiful like always! We dropped my stuff off in the flat then when to go catch the end of an air-show down the road. It was my first ever and very noisy! They had loads of antique planes and re-enacted a scene from WW2 which everyone loved. They also had a very strange looking helicopter that is being used in Iraq now, I didn't like that one much!
My time in Brighton was extremely enjoyable, I also went and worked with Monty for two days (he is an editor of miniworld, a magazine about...minis!) I went shopping in the lanes and bought some shoes, and of course went down to the pier!
From there on....it all gets a little jumbled! A lot of traveling around London, and a lot of train tickets to!
After Brighton I went back to Susus for one night and then on to my aunties (Mary), she has just recently had twins and I met them for the first time! They were extremely sweet and I fell in love instantly! And of course Gracie and Harry who are so obviously English! With blonde hair, blue eyes and white skin....I love them too! I made friends with Barbara who is their Au Pair and the next day Mary, Roo and the kids went off to Church Farm and I stayed for the weekend with Barbara and Ali (cousin) came as well. It was a very fun weekend indeed! I went clubbing with Ali and her friends and caught a whole lot of trains.
Ali and I also went into London and did a lot of walking and looking in shops, I went to the DM shop, and they were so beautiful. I couldn't buy a pair as they were really expensive (FML) but when I go back at Christmas they will be my first purchase!
On Sunday we got locked out of the house and had to do a lot of waiting around for Alis friend to come with the keys!
Then that night I caught another train to Tessas house. Saw the family for a night and looked after little Rosie...well not so little...on Monday and had some bonding time! I had to try being a child again and played games like 'hiding the toys around the house and finding them, and then afterwards we get a snack' and 'who is hiding under my bed!'.
Then it was off again early in to morning to Church Farm (home to my aunty Katherine, Adam {uncle}, Josh, Ali, Lukas and Hester {cousins}) Once again a very short visit! Ali had come down with some sickness so I just relaxed for the day and walked around the farm a bit! Then in the morning I went with Katherine back to Susus where I stayed for the weekend. Went out to the pub and had dinner with Mr MgGinty, Vanda, Susu, and aunty Pam, all over the age of 65...which was a different experience! We also went to Ashridge which is a national park and i had cream tea and scones! Then just once again spending time with Susu and going for walks with Bessie (susus dog) to the village, and of course chatting to Ron and Mr MgGinty about life in general!
The next week was quite the same as the first! I went back to all the aunties houses again for seconds! As well as seeing Karin & Robin (some family friends in London) which was very fun!
Then at the end my last stop was Church Farm. I had a great last few days there, but I didn't go on the motorbike! Next time! On my last night Hessie, Kash, Adam and I went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant and had an extremely.....uhhhhhh strange waitress!
Then it was goodbyes and off to Spain! Although, not as easily as I had planned unfortunately...when we arrived at the airport -after Lukie and I had had our fun with the free wheel chairs in the parking lot- Ryanair informed me that I wasn't allowed to fly because I was only 15 and they had changed the rules about flying. So I panicked of course! But luckily Kash was there and in the end I booked tickets with Easyjet. But we had to drive back to Church Farm as it was later that day from a different airport. I spent the day reading my book on the trampoline and trying to tan in the English sun! So I have vowed never to fly on Ryanair again and so far I am doing a good job of it!
Two weeks is never enough but I had an amazing time with everyone there and can't wait to see them all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment