The Royal Palace of La Granja
Not a happy chappy.
But I am sure Google can help me out with memories...
So last weekend I went with my host parents to the countryside, felt I needed to get in contact with nature a little, being a country girl and all....well somewhere deep inside my heart anyway. It was beautiful, the trees all had their autumn leaves and the air was fresh! On Saturday we arrived quite late in the afternoon, Merche (host mother) and I lay out in the sun and got a bit of tanning done. How I had missed sunbaking! And it is even better here because I don't need to worry so much about the whole hole in the ozone layer problem...well so much anyway!
Then for the night they went out to meet some of their friends so I went to bed early, honestly my imagination got the best of me and I could no longer sit alone in the living room! Dexter is not good for girls who stay alone in houses....
Then on Sunday, Raul (host father) and I went on a little outing together to Segovia and La Granja, we drove over the mountains and into the valley. The palace at La Granja is stunning! Well I didn't actually go inside but the gardens were nice!
Then we drove to Segovia, which has a few more things to see...we had lunch first in a cute little tapas bar and went sightseeing.
Now I have cheated and used google as my resource for photos to put here, I know I know, and I am sure this is copyright...but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
First we went to the famous Aqueduct which was built in Roman times and still in use now, it is amazing how they managed to build so well such a thing so long ago.
Then we went to the famous gothic cathedral which was also really beautiful, churches always amaze me. How people put so much effort into every detail. And I am also curious as to how they always have paintings on the roofs!
And lastly to the castle which is now a museum, with lots of old knights clothing, swords, cannons, and normal everyday things they used.
All these things are very interesting for me - and I am sure most Australians - as it is so different to be in a country with so much historic things. All the amazing architecture here really leaves me speechless! I love Australia, but we are only famous for the Oprah House!
Segovia...

The Aqueduct

Gothic Cathedral


Anddddd....the palace!

That's all there is, there isn't anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment