Thursday, 7 January 2010

Christmas spirit!

December, I think has to be my favourite month of the year. I am either in Australia where it is summer, therefore summer holidays and Christmas. Or in the North, where it is cold and snowy and Christmassy! Fun in every country.
At the beginning of December I was still in Madrid and all the Christmas spirit was beginning to show. So I went into the center of Madrid to have a look at all the lights that had been turned on. Everyone had turned to a craze of wearing hats, with reindeer horns, santa figures and various other things associated with Christmas. It was rather amusing watching them all! The thing I remember most about my night out was however, I don't know why...maybe I am just a bad person! It was a little iceskating rink in the center of Callao, and there were all these little kids on it, and for the life of them they couldn't stand up for more than a minute! Constantly falling over. And I couldn't help laughing at them.... I think all the parents standing around me were a little surprised!
But anyway. In Madrid they have a ridiculous amount of Christmas trees, fake of course, I lost count!

No comments:

Post a Comment