A few days before I left to go to England, Andrea, her family (Casi, Miguel and Pablo), and I went out together a walked through central Madrid. Seeing all the landmarks. It was really fun! We went to El Plaza Mayor, El Palacio Real, The Temple of Debod - a gift from Egypt to Spain - and various other places, but I forget names! And they pointed out all the historical and famous places that are here.
Half way through the day the boys retired, exhausted, back to the house.
And when I had had the full tour we met with them to have lunch at a little restaurant which is famous for its Paella. It was a very strange experience eating paella in a restaurant for a change, but nice! From there we went home briefly and then to the cinemas. Andrea, Miguel and Pablo opted to see Planet 51, which had been all the rage here because it was written by the Spanish and got dubbed into English.... a big deal apparently. Casi and I however decided to go see what all the hype was with Paranormal Activity. But to be honestly, I still don't understand! I nearly fell asleep. Then to end they day, we got some proper hot chocolate and went home. Then a little later on, I got back on the metro and headed back to Herrera Oria.
No comments:
Post a Comment